Police Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by the police or government agencies in order to prove that the applicant has no criminal offense against him like arrest, conviction etc and to make sure that he has a clear background. PCC is delivered to a Passport holder in case they have applied for Employment or Long term visa or for immigration purposes.
Police Clearance Certificate is mandatory for the following purposes;
- To engage in business abroad.
- Obtaining entry visas for certain countries.
- Migration to other countries.
- Employer’s Request.
- Joining the University.
- Other similar purposes.
The applicant is advised to get the following documents verified for applying a Police Clearance Certificate;
- Original copy of the passport with the self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages.
- Documents which helps to prove the present address of the applicant
- Xerox copies of the employment contract with foreign employer and must be self-attested by the applicant
- Copy of the visa
Police Clearance Certificate attestation is a requisite for all individuals who wish to relocate abroad for employment.The applicant will have to submit their biometric details including fingerprints in order to avail police certificate. PPC attestation procedure and process varies in different countries spread across the world depending on the laws prevalent in that particular nation.